The planetarium at Government College of Engineering,Salem-11 was commissioned in the year 1979.The celestial sky project on a dome and its daily apparent motion is stimulated by using special equipment.A 'Star Carrier' with thirty one high quality optical projection all over its surface projects the different section of the sky with stars in a breath taking display of the glorious night sky.The small dome facilities effective teaching.It can accomodate 55 members at a sitting.Schools,Colleges,Clubs and the general public regularly avail of this rare viewing facilitiy at the planetarium.
Every Department has its own library,well stocked with references book and text book,readily accessible to student and staff of their respective department.
- A Consumer Co-operative stores functions in the premises of the institution.It is open to the students and the staff of the college.
- It supplies books,instruments,stationary and toilet articles, to students and staffs.
- Working hours : 10 am to 5 pm.
- Additional facility in a separate store room near the ECE block for girls between 12.30 pm to 1.30 pm.
A bus is run regularly between the campus and Salem Town for the benefits of Students & Staff memebers.
- The Extension Counter of State Bank of India,Omalur Branch functions at the college campus for all the students and staff members.
- Working Hours :10.30 am to 1.30 pm (Monday to Friday) 10.30 am to 11.30 am (saturday)
A canteen is run for the convenience of the students and the staff of the college.
A post-office by name "SALEM-11" is located in Periyar University,PRIDE campus, Salem-11.Ph : 0427-2346358
- Woking Hours : 8.15 am to 4.15 pm
- Delivery Time : 9.30 am
- Bag closure time : 3.45 pm
- Cash Transaction Closes at 1.15 pm
- Regd.Post Closes at 2.15 pm
The institute has a well developed conference and seminar rooms.The institute has fully equipped laboratory facility for the students to perform hands on sessions and practical sessions.
It is a most lively place on the campus providing a safe, comfortable and friendly environment that enables learning and advancement of knowledge, and promotes discovery and scholarship.
In addition to the physical infrastructure the students can access several resources online at their convenience.
The institution allows in-class networking between teachers and students to facilitate polls, live response sessions. We do concentrate on Learning management system in short LMS to organize study courses,
syllabus, and assignments.