PROGRAM OUTCOMES (POs): B.E. – Civil Engineering)
Engineering Graduates will be able to
- PO 1: Apply knowledge of mathematics and engineering sciences to the solution of complex Civil engineering problems
- PO 2: Identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems using multidisciplinary knowledge.
- PO 3: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and system design to meet the needs of public considering the health, safety, cultural, societal, and environmental factors.
- PO 4: Apply research-based knowledge and research methods to complex problems including design, analysis, interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- PO 5: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, simulation tools for prediction and modeling of engineering activities with their limitations.
- PO 6: Assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues relevant to the Civil engineering profession.
- PO 7: Provide the civil engineering solutions for sustainable development.
- PO 8: Apply ethical principles and responsibilities for Civil engineering practice.
- PO 9: Function effectively as an individual member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary projects.
- PO 10: Communicate effectively with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, write effective reports and design documentation, and make effective presentations.
- PO 11: Apply engineering and management principles to one’s own work, or in a team, to manage projects in multidisciplinary environments.
- PO 12: Recognize the need of lifelong learning for professional development and personnel growth.
PROGRAM OUTCOMES (POs): M.E. – Structural Engineering
On completion of M.E., degree programme in Structural Engineering graduates.
- PO 1: Will demonstrate advanced knowledge in identifying analyzing and solving Structural Engineering problems.
- PO 2: Will demonstrate the ability to design complicated structural components and conduct advanced experiments, interpret, analyze data and report results.
- PO 3: Will demonstrate the ability in advanced R.C.C. and Steel designs of structures meeting out the desired specifications and requirements.
- PO 4: Will demonstrate the ability to function in a design and construction company or in a construction material manufacturing industry by effectively guiding the undergraduate and diploma engineers in achieving the desired results or targets.
- PO 5: Will be able to perform advanced tests and analyze the constructional materials and components by handling sophisticated and modern testing equipments.
- PO 6: Will demonstrate the ability to formulate and arrive at an optimized solution to structural engineering problems.
- PO 7: Will demonstrate through effective communication and skills on their understanding of professional ethical responsibilities.
- PO 8: Will have the confidence to apply engineering solutions related to structural engineering in global and social contexts and will possess an understanding of the impact of structural engineering on society and demonstrate awareness of contemporary issues.
- PO 9: Will be familiar with the utilization of modern engineering software packages to analyze and design structures.
- PO 10: Can take part and succeed in competitive examinations and perform well in written and oral tests conducted by leading construction firms across the globe.
- PO 11: Publications of papers in conferences and journals.