- Establishment of Industry-Institute Partnership /interaction Cell.
- Organizing Workshops, conferences and symposia with joint participation of the faculty and the industries.
- Encouraging engineers from industry to visit Engineering Institution to deliver lectures.
- Participation of experts from industry in curriculum development.
- Arranging visits of staff members to various industry
- Professional consultancy by the faculty to industries.
- Industrial testing by faculty & technicians at site or in laboratory.
- Joint research programmes and field studies by faculty and people from industries.
- Visits of faculty to industry for study and discussions or delivering lectures on subjects of mutual interest.
- Visits of industry executives and practising engineers to the Institute for seeing research work and laboratories, discussions and delivering lectures on industrial practices, trends and experiences.
- Memoranda of Understanding between the Institute and industries to bring the two sides emotionally and strategically closer.
- Human resource development programmes by the faculty for practising engineers.
- Collaborative degree programmes.
- B.E. and M.E. projects/dissertation work in industries under joint guidance of the faculty and experts from industry.
- Practising engineers taking up part-time M.Tech./Ph.D. programme at GCE Salem.
- Short-term assignment to faculty members in industries.
- Visiting faculty/professors from industries.
- Professorial Chairs sponsored by industries at the Institute.
- R&D Laboratories sponsored by industries at the Institute.
- Scholarships/fellowships instituted by industries at the Institute for students.
- Practical training of students in industries.
"By Education I mean an all round drawing out of the best in child and man-body, mind and spirit" - Mahatma Gandhi
The ultimate goal of education is the discovery of the meaning of life and the fulfillment of life and all mankind as well as for oneself.
Government College of Engineering, Salem not only focuses on the theoretical curriculum, but also concentrates in the development of a student personality, extra-curricular